In 2013, the Department of Premier and Cabinet decided to redevelop their existing intranet. DPC’s existing intranet was built on out-of-date technology, had low employee usage rates and poor user experience. DPC conducted focus groups with users and relevant stakeholders that fed the final user interface and functional specification.
- Find an appropriate web-based system that would allow for flexibility and future growth
- Utilise a distributed authoring model to allow for multiple authorised users to create content
- Integrate with existing and new services utilised by DPC – Yammer, Twitter, Authentication
- Make the intranet a useable system that staff would want to interact with on a daily basis
- Engage Savage Bull to develop the intranet using Drupal CMS and provide custom development to achieve the goals of the functional specification
- Utlise Drupal CMS to achieve the technical goals of the project while allowing for ongoing management by internal resources and future development